Austin, Texas Area
Personal COUNSELING in the AUSTIN, TX AREA
PERSONAL / ONE-ON-ONE / MARRIAGE / relationship
My counseling approach also has a educational/coaching bent to it in that when time allows I train clients in core areas of psychological health that will enable them to keep growing long after counseling is over. The specific areas I educate and train clients in include:
- Developing a healthy attachment with others (bonding)
- Overcoming faulty thinking (beliefs)
- Taking appropriate responsibility (boundaries)
- Facing versus avoiding problems (boldness)
- Seeking and offering forgiveness (brokenness and benevolence)
- Developing an accurate sense of identity and worth (being)
- Achieving balance in life (balance)
- Grieving losses (bereavement)
As a psychologist, I am ethically required to practice only within the scope of my training and expertise.
In light of that, the problems I help clients with include mood disorders (depression, anxiety, and toxic anger), adjustment difficulties (coping with loss, separation and divorce, and work-related stress), and conflict in interpersonal relationships.
Regarding relationship difficulties, I help people overcome barriers to intimately connecting with others so they can develop a loving and lasting bond with those in their life.
I am not trained to help people who are struggling with post-traumatic stress disorder, personality disorders, abuse, or addictions. If you are dealing with these issues, I will refer you to other professionals for help.
working with me
Dr Thurman's Office Policies
Information on my practice as well as an intake form for you to fill out and return to me prior to your office visit.
©2021 drchristhurman.com all rights reserved
† Sharing Transformational Truths for Living